Educators and Educational Institutions are eligible for free access to ARCHICAD and several specially-designed resources.
ARCHICAD Education Serial number
Your current ARCHICAD 19 serial number will work with your new install of ARCHICAD 20. However your serial number might have already expired or may expire during the 2017 academic year. To extend your licence please login to www.MyArchiCAD.com with your School login and update your serial number; hit the Upgrade ARCHICAD button.
For detailed Student Install instructions, click here (this can be printed and provided to your Students)
After downloading, there is a short movie on basic Education version installation here
Cadimage Tools for ARCHICAD 20
Cadimage Tools for ARCHICAD 20 are installed via the 'Cadimage Installer'. Run this, and choose the Education Use option to install.
Install instructions are available from here.
BIM Server 20
This is part of the standard ARCHICAD 20 Installer - just choose the Install GRAPHISOFT BIM Server option
The MEP (Mechanical-Electrical-Plumbing) Add-On adds the ability to place drainage runs, mechanical ducting and cable trays.
The main GRAPHISOFT Add-Ons page is here, the most popular Add-Ons you may wish to install are:.
- 3D Studio in - this allows you to convert a 3Ds object into and ARCHICAD native object.
- Mesh to Roof - this allows you to convert a Mesh element into a Roof element, then apply connect walls to roof etc.
- Polycount - this allows you to interrogate your model to see which elements are the most complex.
ARCHICAD 20 Documentation
- Getting Started
- Reference Guide
- Collaboration Guide
- Calculation Guide
- GDL Reference Guide
- Exporting from ARCHICAD to Artlantis
- BIMx Desktop Viewer User Guide
ARCHICAD Training Series for ARCHICAD 20
GRAPHISOFT create some great learning content, the below Training Guides have PDF woork books along with associated ARCHICAD files to complete the workbook tasks.
We have included one Training Series from ARCHICAD 18 (Volume 2 -Farnsworth House) as this makes the basis for a highschool quality project based on the famous 1945 Mies van der Rohe building called the Farnsworth House. This allows the Teachers to take side jaunts into Miles van der Rohe's other work, History of Architecture in general, constraints palced on the construction industry during WWII, use of steel in residential building (this was one of the first to use commercial construction methods in residential design)
- Volume 1 - The ARCHICAD BIM Concept see movie clip on this training here
- Volume 2 - Conceptual Design using Morphs, see movie clip on this training here
- Volume 2 - Farnsworth House (ARCHICAD 17 version), see movie clip on this training here
- Volume 3 - Intermediate ARCHICAD Two story residential house, see movie clip on this training here
- Volume 4 - Advanced ARCHICAD Multi storey office tower , see movie clip on this training here (NOTE: This is ARCHICAD 19)
- Volume 5 - Using Teamwork see movie clip on this training here (NOTE: This is ARCHICAD 19)
ARCHICADselect Tip Sheets
Tips and Tricks can be found on our Cadimage Blog here
The BIM Curriculum is set at University level learning, and contains Lecture Notes, Power Point Presentation and Tutor cheat sheets.
It consists of 12 consecutive lectures designed to span an entire semester teaching BIM (Building Information Modelling) methods for students of Architecture using the power of ARCHICAD.
It was written in 2015, but is still very relevant today.
Cadimage Group New Zealand ARCHICAD Training Course
Solibri Model Viewer 9.7 (Build 11)
Solibri allows you to view any IFC collaboration files, more information can be found here